What is 'econceptum'?
from "eco" (Greek: oikos, "House" or "Household") and "conceptum" (Latin, nom. sl., n.: concipere, "capture"),
describes the first version of a design idea or a visual communication strategy, taking sustainable (environmentally, economically and socially responsible) aspects into account. This term is used analogously for a summary of key points as part of a creative project, which are complemented and enhanced through responsible and conscious action. Thus, the concept of functional benefits has a consciously controlled positive side effect, which also can be inherited to other strategies and projects; this fact is given, for example, if the concept is part of a complex project architecture: all positive properties of an "econceptum" affect the overall project iteratively.„
Sustainability does require a cross-linking and overlapping of own and foreign responsibilities, as well as any product or service, where a tracery of expectations and needs have to be met.
"Sustainability" in conjunction with "econceptum" is defined as a holistic system of three main interdependent factors:
environmental responsibilityreduction of carbon emissions
My entire carbon footprint is already less than 5 tons per year, which is less than half of the value of a german average citizen (approx. 11 tons)!
The most crucial factors:
- for mobility, I resort to a balanced mix of public transport and hybrid vehicle.
- discipline and green electricity result in low demand for energy.
- all my materials are carefully chosen: long life, "refurbished" and resource-saving.
economic responsibility Careful use of natural resources
- Consistently only cases are printed, which are ment to be archived. All what finds its way to the printer then (about 5% of the daily correspondence), is printed on recycled paper that has been awarded with the "Blue Angel" (100% recycled paper amount, chlorine-free, with no established problematic chemicals).
- All units are either "refurbished" (= restorated, maintained) for further use, repaired, or disposed at certified collection centers for recycling. For a new purchase, either second hand equipment is bought, or equipment of those manufacturers who are already at the top of the "green electronics" rank.
- I get the electricity from a power supplier that provides electricity at 100 percent from renewable energy sources.
- Also, the wheel hasn't to be invented anew each time: With a coherent legal concept of copyright assignment, I accommodate almost any demand, which can also save valuable resources on both sides.
social responsibilitysupport projects in the social equality
1 percent of sales of "econceptum" will be donated to social institutions without commercial orientation. Self-evidently it's a matter of course for me, to "roll up my sleeves" and tackle things.